Pyrodrone F4 Race with VTX Pitmode
It's finally here!
The pyrodrone F4 board has been one of the very few boards with perfectly flat one side which lot of guys been utilizing as a "shelf" for their VTX and RX.
It was time to reroute the pads and offer a direct clean solder option for the TBS UNIFY V3 VTX and the TBS Nano RX similar to the Whitenoise Synergy FC.
The Pyro F4 RACE also has a built in socket which makes it plug & play with the Pyro32 F3 45A 4in1 ESC (The correct harness is ONLY included in the ESC package)
Please check below for tips and Betaflight Settings.
2-6S direct battery input
3.3V 100ma, 5V 2A BEC
5V and Vbat Camera Power
Built in configurable Betaflight OSD
Flat bottom PCB for SUPER CLEAN builds
36x36 PCB with 30.5x30.5 mounting holes
UART1 (INVERTER FOR SBUS),
UART3 (INVERTED TELEMETRY), use CLI command : Set tlm_halfduplex=off UART4 (Free),
UART5 (Smart Audio)
Please make sure to jump the correct selection for your VTX.
resource pinio 1 A15 (Hit Enter)
Set pinio_box = 39 (Hit Enter)
Assign a switch to the VTX PIT option in Betaflight MODES tab.
If VTX PIT mode is NOT needed then just solder your VTX and fly! (no additional settings needed)
If you want to solder the TBS UNIFY 5V direct to the board which is where this FC REALLY shines then here are couple tips for you.
Using the TBS Direct mount feature means you have to flip the board upside down with the USB to the left side of the drone.
SO REMEMBER to change the board orientation in Betaflight configuration tab.
Both the VTX and the board have "anchor" Pads on both sides of the VTX, but we do not recommend using all these anchor points for easier future maintanence in case you ever have to remove the VTX.
Here is what we recommend.
Use a very thin piece of the double sided tape that is provided in your TBS UNIFY V3 package and apply it on the VTX as shown in the below picture.
This will work as a place holder for you to line up and solder the 4 points.
Once lined up solder the 4 points.
The board is labled for TBS NANO RX as the holes perfectly line up with the Nano RX, but you can really use any RX and just choose the correct type of receiver in the Betaflight configuration page.
Our preferred way of mounting the RX is with silicone wires rather than direct solder, Again for easier future maintenence purposes.
Please check the below picture:
For correct voltage reading change the Voltage scale value to 160
If you charge your batteries over 4.20 per cell AKA HV then remember to adjust the Maximum Cell Voltage to 4.4 otherwise the average cell voltage will read wrong on your OSD.
Why buy from AirBlade UAV:
- Fast and Affordable Shipping: We ship everyday from Vancouver, Canada using USPS (US orders), Canada Post (Canada & International orders), UPS and DHL. Learn more about our Shipping Policies.
- Top Notch Customer Support: We put our customers’ interest ahead.
- Complimentary Free Shipping: We offer free shipping for qualified US orders over $100 and qualified Canada orders over $250.
- High Quality Products: Most products we carry are tested extensively by our team of experienced pilots. We only carry products we would personally use.
- Latest Selection: We frequently refresh our stock selections to offer you the latest gears.
- Support Community: We support local and international FPV communities and sponsor racing leagues where we see fit.
Shipping Weight: 30g