FRH Hybrid 5.5/6 Inch Open Source Frame Kit
FRH Hybrid 5.5/6 Inch Open Source Frame
The FRH Hybrid 5.5/6 inch design is a variation of the famous FR7 design. The FRH builds on the lessons learned from the FR7 and established design features that were ultimately fed back in the lastet FR7 v5.0/5.1 designs. As with the FR7, the FRH is a fully open source project started by Jeremy Mariscal, an aerospace mechanical engineer by trade and an avid long range FPV pilot.
The FR train is here and moving fast. It waits for nobody. BUT, since it's an open source project, getting one's hands on a kit has been less than convenient. Working closely with Jeremy and CNCMadness, we're proud to be the first FPV shop to distribute the FR line of frames. The price has been carefully calculated to keep the cost as low as possible.
V1.0 DESIGN FEATURES
- V1.0 Regular Front Plate length.
- Longer Littlefoot Front and Top plates not currently available at Airblade.
- Contact CNCMadness should you need the longer Littlefoot front and top plates, which are designed around the Hero 8 Superview FOV.
- Hero 7 Notes:
- Use of the regular front plate with a Hero 7 will not result in props in view regardless of FOV settings.
- Hero 8 Notes:
- Use of the regular front plate with a Hero 8 in Superview without Hypersmooth enabled will result in the left front prop tip being in view. Hypersmooth or Wide view will eliminate the prop from view. Additionally, use of 5.5” props will also eliminate the prop in view.
- Full open source design:
- Frame Cut Files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4037301
- Print Files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3601947
- Robust construction: 6mm arms and 2mm plates provide extreme rigidity and minimal frame resonance/gyro noise
- Multiple 30.5 x 30.5 and 20 x 20 stacks mounting locations.
- Huge Top Plate: Fits up to a 5000mAh 6s
- Designed for Diversity: Horizontal front and vertical rear receiver antennas
- Platypuss Tail Module: Provides a convenient way to mount your VTX, receiver, VTX antenna, vertical receiver antenna and GPS receiver all in one compact unit (or use in combination with the rear 30x30 accessory stack)
- HD Camera Hot Swapping: Change between Session and Hero cameras without removing the FPV camera or front RF antenna
- Multiple Camera Upright options: Allows use of full size, mini and micro cameras
- Frame Weight: ~125g (not including hardware or prints), ~147g with hardware (not including prints)
- Ton of room for activities!
3D PRINTED PARTS
Please note that if you to choose to use the same FR7 7 Inch Long Range - 3D Printed Accessories Set , everything will fit EXCEPT the motor bumpers as the arms are smaller on this design than the FR7.
If you have access to a 3D printer, you can also print your own accessories using the files uploaded on Thingiverse
With this beautifully crafted design, we also recommend the Long Range FPV Combo to go with it which includes:
- Brotherhobby Avenger V2 2507
- BrainFPV Radix F4 Flight Controller
- Hobbywing XRotor 60A 4in1 6S ESC
- VIFLY Beacon Drone Buzzer
- TBS M8 GPS
Other great components to check out:
- Hyperlite 2408.5 Team Edition Motor
- Pyro Stack
- TBS Crossfire Nano Diversity Receiver
- TBS Unify Pro HV SMA or TBS Unify Pro32 HV
- Heat Sink for the TBS Unify Pro32 HV MMCX
- 3Ah 5S/6S or larger packs (running dual packs are an easy way to make use of existing batteries)
- Panasonic FR Series Low ESR Capacitors
- 1 x Top Plate (2mm)
- 1 x Front Plate (2mm) (8 pressnut)
- 1 x Rear Plate (2mm) (1 pressnut)
- 2 x Front Arms (6mm)
- 2 x Back Arms (6mm)
- 1 x Hardware pack
Why buy from AirBlade UAV:
- Fast and Affordable Shipping: We ship everyday from Vancouver, Canada using USPS (US orders), Canada Post (Canada & International orders), UPS and DHL. Learn more about our Shipping Policies.
- Top Notch Customer Support: We put our customers’ interest ahead.
- Complimentary Free Shipping: We offer free shipping for qualified US orders over $100 and qualified Canada orders over $250.
- High Quality Products: Most products we carry are tested extensively by our team of experienced pilots. We only carry products we would personally use.
- Latest Selection: We frequently refresh our stock selections to offer you the latest gears.
- Support Community: We support local and international FPV communities and sponsor racing leagues where we see fit.
Shipping Weight: 330g