BetaFPV ELRS Lite Receiver RX 2.4Ghz
BetaFPV ELRS Lite Receiver RX 2.4Ghz
BETAFPV Lite receiver is based on the ExpressLRS project, an open-source RC link for RC applications. ExpressLRS aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance.
Nano RX or Lite RX
What is the major difference between Nano receiver and Lite receiver?
Nano receiver (2.4G version) is the first and (so far) the only receiver with power amplifier (PA+LNA). It has 100mW telemetry output and better sensitivity when longer range. Lite receiver doesn't have a PA/LNA on them, so its telemetry power is as what the RF chip SX1280 came with 17mW.
Beside, Nano receiver comes with normal external Dipole T antenna. Lite receiver has SMD ceramic antenna and in theory it is not so long range.
High recommend the Nano receiver if the space is enough. On 65-85mm whoop drones with limited space and need light weight, Lite receiver is a better choice.
- Weight: 0.47g (with SMD ceramic antenna)
- Size: 10mm*10mm
- Telemetry power: 17mW
- Frequency bands (Nano receiver 2.4G version): 2.4GHz ISM
- Input voltage: 5V
- Antenna: Integrated SMD ceramic antenna
Lite receiver 2.4G version diagram as shown below.
Note: The firmware version of the Lite receiver manufactured by our company is ELRS 1.1.0; ELRS Innovative team has officially released version 1.2.0, which is not compatible with the 1.1.0 version. We suggest our customers upgrade this receivers' ELRS version to 1.2.0 if needed. Significantly, the TX module and receiver have to be in the same ELRS version, otherwise, the frequency cannot match successfully.
Know More About ExpressLRS
ExpressLRS is based on Semtech Lora SX127x or SX1280 hardware for RX and TX respectively. it aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. At 900 MHz a maximum of 200 Hz packet rate is supported. At 2.4 GHz a blistering 500Hz is currently supported with a custom OpenTX build. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance.
More and more vendors start to support the ExpressLRS radio protocol in different parts, like radio transmitter with ELRS in stock, drone with built-in ELRS receiver, ELRS TX module for JR bay, or Nano bay. BETAFPV team take part in this project and provide a series of ExpressLRS components.
Configuration & Bind
ExpressLRS uses the Crossfire serial protocol (AKA CRSF protocol) to communicate between the receiver and the flight controller board. So make sure your flight controller board supports the CRSF serial protocol. Next, we use the flight controller with Betaflight firmware to show how to set up the CRSF protocol.
The connection between the ELRS Lite receiver and the FC board is shown below.
Enable the corresponding UART (e.g. UART3 below) as a Serial Rx on Betaflight Configurator "Ports" tab.
On the "Configuration" tab, select "Serial-based receiver" on the "Receiver" panel, and select "CRSF" as the protocol. Telemetry is optional here and will reduce your stick update rate due to those transmit slots being used for telemetry.
The Lite receiver comes with offically major release V1.1.0 protocol and no Binding Phrase inlcuded. Lite receiver could enter binding status by power on/off three times.
- Plugin and unplug Lite receiver three times;
- Make sure the LED is doing a quick double blink, which indicates the receiver is in bind mode;
- Make sure the RF TX module or radio transmitter enter binding status, which sends out a binding pulse;
- If the receiver has a solid light, it's bound.
Note: Binding once and the receiver will store the binding information. Re-power and the connect successfully auto.
Note: If you reflash firmware of the receiver with your own Binding Phrase, please make sure the TX module has the same Binding Phrase. The RF TX module and the receiver will bind automatically in this situation.
BETAFPV ELRS Nano receiver user manual download. (use the same manual of Nano Receiver).
- 1 * BETAFPV ELRS Lite receiver
- 2 * Spare shrink tube
- 4 * 30awg silicon connection wires (1 black, 1 red, 1 white, 1 yellow)
Why buy from AirBlade UAV:
- Fast and Affordable Shipping: We ship everyday from Vancouver, Canada using USPS (US orders), Canada Post (Canada & International orders), UPS and DHL. Learn more about our Shipping Policies.
- Top Notch Customer Support: We put our customers’ interest ahead.
- Complimentary Free Shipping: We offer free shipping for qualified US orders over $100 and qualified Canada orders over $250.
- High Quality Products: Most products we carry are tested extensively by our team of experienced pilots. We only carry products we would personally use.
- Latest Selection: We frequently refresh our stock selections to offer you the latest gears.
- Support Community: We support local and international FPV communities and sponsor racing leagues where we see fit.
Shipping Weight: 50g