AirBlade Superman 1905 Ultralight 4/5 inch Brushless Motors
AirBlade Superman 1905 Ultralight 4/5 inch Brushless Motor
AirBlade Superman series boasts incredible efficiency, that means you get to fly longer, like Superman!!!
We are introducing a new addition to this series, the Superman 1905 for 4 inch and 5 inch setups. These motors will be available in 1800kV, 2100kV and 2400kV to fit your need. Looking for something smaller? Check out our Superman 1404 and Superman 1606.
Why did we choose to make this motor?
Facing the increasing complexity of drone regulations, the demand for sub-250g FPV drones skyrocketed. As we achieved great success with our AirBlade Transformer Mini 4 inch build, we turned our attention to the realm of ultralight 5 inch FPV drones. We started our experiment with AirBlade Superman 1606 which is a great motors for builds ranging from 3 inch all the way to 5 inch. However, we discovered that it is best suited for 3 and 4 inch. During our tests, we felt that there was still a lot of top-end performance to be achieved with bigger motors, hence the birth of our Superman 1905.
What we wanted out of the new motor size is a blend of both efficiency as well as performance. What we learned from the past with 1806 motors is that they are really powerful, but at the cost of efficiency. We felt that 2004 size can be an efficient motor, but we wanted a little bit more power and control out of our new motor, and hence we decided to make a 1905. 1905 motors have larger stator volume size than 2004 and hence providing more torque and control, which makes it suitable even for racing FPV drones.
We originally started with 1600kV, 2100kV and 2600kv but early tests indicated that 1600kV was leaving out some top-end performance while 2600kv was more inefficient than what we would have liked. As such, the production models are now 1800kV 2100kV and 2400kV.
How are AirBlade Superman 1905 different?
A few things we paid attention to when we designed this motor:
As such we made the decision to use 3x8x4 bearings which is bigger than the normal 2x5x2.5 to ensure even smoother operation. Also given the type of build we made this motor for, we opted for 3mm internal shaft for added durability, external shaft is still 1.5mm to make sure it is compatible with a wide range of propellers on the market. All of these decisions made with the overall weight in mind as well. With the motor came out at 17.8g (including 15cm wires), we expect a 5 inch build to land around 155g-160g dry.
What are the applications for these motors?
The beauty of these motors is that you can use them on a wide range of application and setups. If you're building a 5 inch ultralight racers, 1800kV and 2100kV on 6S will be a rocket. If you're building a 5 inch mid range/long range drone, 1800kV and 2100kV on 4S is what I would go with. If you have some 4S battery you're trying to pair with a new build? How about some 2400kV 5 inch 4S? The sky is literally your limit!
We are getting the motors tested currently, will update the thrust chart as soon as we get them. For the time being you can use the thrust tests we performed on the pre-production motor to gauge the performance. The 2100kV version will be exactly the same as pre-production version.
- KV: 1800kV/2100kV/2400kV
- Mounting pattern: 12mm
- Configuration: 9N12P
- Bearings: 3x8x4
- Stator Diameter: 19mm
- Stator Length: 5mm
- Shaft Diameter: 3mm (internal) 1.5mm (external)
- Wires: 24awg, 150mm
- Weight (g): 17.8g (including 150mm wires)
- No.of Cells(Lipo): 4-6S
- 1x Motor
- 1x Hardware pack (M2 screws + 2 spare c-clips)
Why buy from AirBlade UAV:
- Fast and Affordable Shipping: We ship everyday from Vancouver, Canada using USPS (US orders), Canada Post (Canada & International orders), UPS and DHL. Learn more about our Shipping Policies.
- Top Notch Customer Support: We put our customers’ interest ahead.
- Complimentary Free Shipping: We offer free shipping for qualified US orders over $100 and qualified Canada orders over $250.
- High Quality Products: Most products we carry are tested extensively by our team of experienced pilots. We only carry products we would personally use.
- Latest Selection: We frequently refresh our stock selections to offer you the latest gears.
- Support Community: We support local and international FPV communities and sponsor racing leagues where we see fit.
Shipping Weight: 35g