AirBlade Dragonfly Frame Kit
AirBlade Dragonfly is a light versatile design that allows you to fly indoor or rip outside. The optional prop guard means you can safely fly around objects and people. The primary focus of this design is to create a light build that can run 65mm. This is similar to the Kabab FPV Toothpick frame.
A problem we see with a lot of indoor micro quadcopters nowadays is that they use enclosed duct around the props. Most if not all of these designs, while offer protection, compromise the flight characteristics of the drones. The ducts hinders airflow and create all sorts of handling issues like prop wash, washout etc. Also majority of these ducts are limited to 1.9 inch or 2 inch props max.
After searching high and low, we found a off-the-shelf prop guard design from a drone company called Uvify that allows for larger props (up to 65mm) and has very little effect on the airflow. Once we found this, the creative process started and shortly after, we came up with AirBlade Dragonfly.
- Dragonfly can take up to 65mm prop even with the guard on (however close). We would recommend using 2.5 inch props like the RotorX 2535 or Gemfan Flash 2540 with guard, and your favourite 65mm prop without guard.
- Dragonfly has optional guard that you can take on and off depending on usage without even having to remove the motors
- The guard was designed for a different drone by Uvify and therefore we had to design a 3D printed adapter to make it work with our Dragonfly frame. However this is a blessing in disguise because it allows us to quickly remove the prop guards without having to uninstall the motors
- Versatile design that accepts 16x16, 20x20 and 26x26 flight stack
- 3D printed camera mount to accept nano FPV camera
We're envisioning a light build using the following parts
- Flight Controller:
- 26x26: BetaFPV F4 AIO 2S-4S 12A Brushless Flight Controller or Happymodel Crazybee F4 Pro FC
- 16x16: Happymodel Super_S F4 Flytower
- 20x20: Diatone Mamba Mini
- Motor: AirBlade 1103 brushless motors
- Camera: RunCam Nano 2 or RunCam Racer Nano
- Optional: Print your own canopy using this design
- Supports 16x16, 20x20m and 26x26 Flight controller mounting holes
- Supports mounting holes for 1103 brushless motors (4 holes 9mm spacing)
- Supports up to 65mm props.
- Uses hooks and elastic bands (not included) to mount batteries. This allows you to use battery of any size and shape
- Frame thickness: 2mm (bottom plate) and 1mm (top plate)
- Frame weight: 10g (no hardware)
- Optional Prop Guard: 7g
- Our target dry weight (before battery) is
- 53g without prop guard
- 60g with prop guards
- 1x Bottom plate (2mm)
- 1x Top Plate (1mm)
- 1x 3D printed nano camera mount
- 1x Frame mounting hardware pack only
Why buy from AirBlade UAV:
- Fast and Affordable Shipping: We ship everyday from Vancouver, Canada using USPS (US orders), Canada Post (Canada & International orders), UPS and DHL. Learn more about our Shipping Policies.
- Top Notch Customer Support: We put our customers’ interest ahead.
- Complimentary Free Shipping: We offer free shipping for qualified US orders over $100 and qualified Canada orders over $250.
- High Quality Products: Most products we carry are tested extensively by our team of experienced pilots. We only carry products we would personally use.
- Latest Selection: We frequently refresh our stock selections to offer you the latest gears.
- Support Community: We support local and international FPV communities and sponsor racing leagues where we see fit.
Shipping Weight: 50g