AirBlade Transformer 5 inch Ultralight Long Range
AirBlade Transformer 5 inch Ultralight Long Range FPV
You can learn more on the design philosophy and thinking process of this frame in this blog post: Is Ultralight 5 inch the New FPV Drones Hotness in 2021?
Note: The camera cage is designed to include a mounting hole for carrying optional HD camera like the Insta360 Go or GoPro Lite (Naked GoPro). The included hardware DOES NOT include standoffs and screws for this hole. The hole is purely for mounting HD camera, you don't need to add hardware under normal circumstances.
The early success of the AirBlade Transformer Mini 4 inch setup had us thinking, why not 5 inch? So we started brainstorming the next product to add to our AirBlade Transformer line up in June of 2020 (yes, our development process actually takes a long time).
We almost had all the right ingredients for this setup:
- The 26x26 AIO FCs were getting better and better with more UART ports, more features.
- We can definitely design a 5 inch frame.
- The Li-Ion batteries we were testing are able to handle bigger setups
- The only missing piece here is the motor, hence that's where we started
We started testing a different AirBlade Superman motor and landed with the new AirBlade Superman 1905.
When we set out to design the frame, we had a same goals we had when we designed the AirBlade Transformer Mini 4 inch:
- Compact design for easy transportation
- Yet spacious enough to build with a dual stack design
- No props in camera view
- Compatible with a wide variety of electronics
- Compatible with Caddx Vista for those who run DJI HD system
- Double stack design with 16x16 (only in the back), 20x20 (both front and back) and 26x26 (only in the front) mounting holes
- Top-mounted battery design, large battery slot to use existing big battery straps
- Compatible with micro FPV camera, like RunCam Hybrid, as well as Caddx Vista
- Fixed-height top plate at 20mm
- If you're interested in building a long range rig, check out our blog 'Tips for flying long range FPV'
- Frame weight (with provided hardware): ~46g
- Aluminum Standoff
- Maximum prop clearance: 5 inch
- Motor mounting pattern: 9mm-12mm. Compatible with AirBlade Superman 1606 and AirBlade Superman 1905
- 1 x Top Plate (2mm)
- 1 x Bottom Plate (2mm)
- 2 x Side Plates (1.5mm)
- 1x Brace Plate (2mm)
- 2x Front Arms (3mm)
- 2x Back Arms (3mm)
- 1 x Hardware pack
2x Arm Brace (2.5mm)
GoPro Lite V2 Mount
- Instag360 Go V1 Mount
- AirBlade Transformer 3D Printed GPS/Crossfire Accessories
- BetaFPV F405 Toothpick AIO Flight Controller V4
- AirBlade Superman 1905
- Caddx Nebula Pro Vista Kit DJI HD Digital VTX
- TBS Crossfire Nano Receiver
- Gemfan 5125, Gemfan 5126 and Gemfan 5130
Why buy from AirBlade UAV:
- Fast and Affordable Shipping: We ship everyday from Vancouver, Canada using USPS (US orders), Canada Post (Canada & International orders), UPS and DHL. Learn more about our Shipping Policies.
- Top Notch Customer Support: We put our customers’ interest ahead.
- Complimentary Free Shipping: We offer free shipping for qualified US orders over $100 and qualified Canada orders over $250.
- High Quality Products: Most products we carry are tested extensively by our team of experienced pilots. We only carry products we would personally use.
- Latest Selection: We frequently refresh our stock selections to offer you the latest gears.
- Support Community: We support local and international FPV communities and sponsor racing leagues where we see fit.
Shipping Weight: 100g