BetaFPV Naked GoPro Hero BEC Board
BetaFPV Naked GoPro Hero 6/7 BEC Board
Naked GoPro has gained tremendous popularity recently because it allows pilots to get the same amazing stabilized footage (through Reel Steady GO) while stripping away the unnecessary weight of the GoPro. Up until now, the hurdle that holds most people back from stripping their own GoPros is finding an elegant solution to power the GoPro. Most hacks found online are makeshift solutions that require soldering on small pads and then some.
Enters the BetaFPV Naked GoPro BEC Board. The integrated 5V 2A BEC, stock GoPro buttons and LED, pluggable connectors and remote recording makes your life so much easier.
Special thanks to Guido Fabbrini reminding us of the risk that the FC might be burnt. Right now the BEC board is completed ready and available now.
This BEC board fits for GoPro Hero 6 and Hero 7 Black. But NOT for Hero 8.
Many thanks for Richárd Papp and those people who devoted their time and energy to the cinewhoop researching. Thanks for the FPV community to gather such awesome ideas. If you wanna know more about cinewhoop, click the link below to join us on Facebook.
- BEC Board is specially designed for Naked GoPro Hero which weighs about 1.5g, make your naked GoPro lighter and easier to install on your drone.
- The BEC output voltage is 5V@2A, avoid the accident of power off which is caused by the insufficient power supply for the FC board.
- Integrated GoPro stock buttons, Power/Mode Button and Record Button
- Integrated GoPro stock LED to know the status of the camera.
- Pad is available for pilot to control the GoPro recording via the radio transmitter.
- With the pluggable connector, which is easier to connect with your flight controller for power supply and recording.
- Item: BEC Board for GoPro Hero
- Weight: 1.48g
- Output: 5V@2A
- Input Voltage: 2-4S
- Connector: GH 1.25 3P Connector
Diagram of BEC Board
The two buttons on the BEC board has the same function as the stock GoPro buttons. Three actions we will use frequently.
- Power On - Press the Power/Mode button and the LED flashes three times and light off.
- Start Record - Press the Record button once and LED flashes slowly. If LED flash once and light off, it means there is no SD card.
- Stop Record - Press the Record button and LED stop slow flashing.
Under normal operation, plug the GH1.25 connector into the GoPro Lite camera firstly, then connect with the battery. The LED will flash once, then you should press the Power/Mode button once in a second to power on. The LED on the BEC board has the same status as the stock LED on the GoPro mainboard.
|Indication||Button Operation||LED Status|
|Power On||Press the Power/Mode button once||Flash 3 times and light off|
|Power Off||Press the Power/Mode button for 5 seconds||Flash 7 times and light off|
|Start Record||Press the record button once||Continuously slow flash|
|Stop Record||Press the record button once||Flash 3 times and light off|
|Mode Switch||Press the Power/Mode buttononce||Check the mode on LCD Display|
How to Setup Remote Record
Pilot could use the switch on radio transmitter to start/stop record. Some more configuration needed.
For example, if you use F4 FC V2.0 in the drone, like the 95X whoop drone, the connection diagram is shown below. The yellow cable (FC B12 pin pad) is just for the remote record.
We use the Pinio function in Betaflight to control record. First, setup the Pinio function of the B12 pin in the FC board.
resource FLASH_CS 1 NONE
resource PINIO 1 B12
set pinio_box = 40,255,255,255
Next, map one of the switch channels in your radio transmitter to this Pinio (aka USER1). As shown below, we map the AUX4 channel in the radio transmitter to USER1 Pinio. The cursor in the orange zone means button released and white zone means pressed. So keep the cursor in the orange zone in default.
Third, check if the Pinio function works. Change the switch and make the cursor move from the orange zone to the white zone, and finally back to the orange zone.Now you could check the LED status to know if the record starts. Use the same process to stop recording.
If you use the 12A F4 AIO FC board, like the 85X whoop drone, you will use the LED_STRIP pin (aka A08 pin pad) for the Pinio function.
resource LED_STRIP 1 NONE
resource PINIO 1 A08
set pinio_box = 40,255,255,255
Parts of GoPro Lite Series
We know some of the pilots might have a question about how to get the case for the naked GoPro or some might wanna grab the GoPro Lite Camera directly. Here we provide some more choices for your better installation. You can also find the STL File for GoPro Lite Series here.
>>Click here to check the STL Files for GoPro Lite Series.
How to Disassemble GoPro Hero6 Black
Special thanks to JONAH BLAESER who provided the method of disassembling GoPro HERO6 Black. If you are interested, please check the link to know the specific steps to make your own naked GoPro.
Note: Do this at your own risk. You will lose your GoPro’s warranty and you may end up bricking the camera if something goes wrong. This guide is not authorized by GoPro and your camera is not guaranteed to work afterward. BETAFPV will not be held responsible for this action.
- 1 * BEC Board for GoPro Hero
- 1 * H1.25 Power Cable (80mm 30AWG)
Why buy from AirBlade UAV:
- Fast and Affordable Shipping: We ship everyday from Vancouver, Canada using USPS (US orders), Canada Post (Canada & International orders), UPS and DHL. Learn more about our Shipping Policies.
- Top Notch Customer Support: We put our customers’ interest ahead.
- Complimentary Free Shipping: We offer free shipping for qualified US orders over $100 and qualified Canada orders over $250.
- High Quality Products: Most products we carry are tested extensively by our team of experienced pilots. We only carry products we would personally use.
- Latest Selection: We frequently refresh our stock selections to offer you the latest gears.
- Support Community: We support local and international FPV communities and sponsor racing leagues where we see fit.
Shipping Weight: 50g